Thread: SALE: 2023 Oct. 20 - Echo Cursed Sale (7 Days) + NEW ITEMS

Nightclub Owner

SALE: 2023 Oct. 20 - Echo Cursed Sale (7 Days) + NEW ITEMS

Echo Cursed Sale - 7 Days
    *Sale should end 2023 October 26*
    [9pm EDT / 6pm PDT / (Oct. 13) 01:00 UTC]

*New Items added!*
    (NOTE: New table/chair/counter/tile are recolors of items already in BS)

ISSUE: Waltzing Ghosts deco placement is opposite of its footprint - Reported
    for further discussion/details, please see bugs post here

**images are uploaded, info/links will be added tomorrow

Relisted Items:
    Spoiler: show
    Original Release Info:

Echo Appliances:
    *Cursed Stove and Cursed Oven originally released 2016 Oct. 12 as locked appliances in Woeful Wedding goal
    * Full details and recipe images can be found HERE in the Recipe Guide

NEW ITEMS:
    Original RS Release Info:
    • Table, Chair, Counter, Floor Tile originally released 2017 Oct. 05 as Market Purchases
      * Gravestone Table = recolor of Twisted Tree Table
      * Gravestone Chair = recolor of Cemetery Chair
      * Gravestone Counter = recolor of Cemetery Counter
      * Creepy Cobble = recolor of Garden Stone
    • ALL floor decos were originally released 2022 Oct. 02 as part of Eerie Crate
    * Terrified Tree - 1x1
    * Spectral Organ - 2x2
    * Cemetery Gate - 2x2
    * Waltzing Ghosts - 2x1
    * Creepy Stairwell - 2x2
    * Possesed Kitchen - 3x3 *Typo - Possesed = Possessed*

NOTES:
    - Echo/U-Sales typically require Level 12
    - Echo sales are a way of relisting locked goal appliances so players can purchase them outside of the goal
    - Echo appliances offer the same recipes as their original counterparts but come fully built / require no parts to build
    - U-Items are duplicates of previously released goal items with new names
    - Be sure to check your ENTIRE inventory - you may already own the original items or have them available to purchase for coins
    - New items will be removed from market after sale

USEFUL INFO:
    Forum turning your apostrophes into question marks?
    Turn off SMART PUNCTUATION in phone settings
    Have a non-goal related question?
    BS Help Me is what you're looking for.
    Looking for new neighbors?
    BS Add Me Thread is your best bet.
    Experiencing a Bug in your game?
    BS Bugs Forum is where to report.
    New to the game or just looking for a refresh?
    BS Game Guide is full of useful info and links.
    Unsure of how to post a photo to the forum?
    This thread has the BEST how-to by Mod SW!
    Need to contact the team directly for a support issue?
    S8 Support Ticket will get you started.
    Want to convert goal times to local time?
    Time Zone Converter will help with that.
    Unsure of the rules and regulations?
    Forum Rules explains them.

Popular Links:
    Daily Gem Videos -- BS Master Box Guide -- BS Speculation Thread -- BS Neighbors and Etiquette -- BS Suggestion & Feedback Forum -- Financial Analysis of Goals -- Recipe Revamp Suggestion Thread

Common Issue Links:
    SweetCo Goal Issue - FIXED! -- No Notifications -- Videos with Issues -- Goal Deco STUCK on board

Common Questions Explained:
    How to Read Recipe Cards -- Goal Timers -- Part Requests -- Table Layout + Max Profit -- Dump Method -- Mastering SG Recipes

I think there's a bug with the orientation of the Waltzing Ghosts:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3018.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	71407

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonysnickers View Post
    I think there's a bug with the orientation of the Waltzing Ghosts:

Name:	IMG_3018.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	71407
    Yes, I've made a note and reported it in the bugs forum here.

Isn't gravestone table, gravestone chair and gravestone counter exact copies of the twisted tree table,cemetry chair and cemetry counter respectively..?...what is going on here? I'm so confused..the only difference i think is both are maybe a tad different shades of grey but both the sets are exactly the same thing...

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by smritisonkar View Post
    Isn't gravestone table, gravestone chair and gravestone counter exact copies of the twisted tree table,cemetry chair and cemetry counter respectively..?...what is going on here? I'm so confused..the only difference i think is both are maybe a tad different shades of grey but both the sets are exactly the same thing...
    Yes, as noted in the infopost these items are recolors of items already in BS. From what I can tell, the Gravestone items ported over from RS are a sort of blue-ish grey in color whereas the ones previously released in BS are more of a silver grey in color.

No idea why they chose to port these items over from RS instead of any of the other Halloween themed table sets that we don't already have in BS, lol. I guess if I'm feeling generous I could say that since the original BS items have been removed from the Market this gives newer players a chance at having similar items?

Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Yes, I've made a note and reported it in the bugs forum here.
    You're so speedy, thank you!

I wish Bakery Story would do less of these duplicate or near duplicate items (like Living Dead/Grave Idea too). At least for me, I wouldn't want to spend gems or coins on two items that are basically the same and clog my inventory. But with the way these items are incrementally re-/released, we are not able to make informed decisions about which items we actually prefer, so I usually just buy the first version of an item (if affordable) and seeing a second near duplicate version is usually a let down because I'm anticipating a new item and/or I feel like I overspent on some version of an item.

Also, near duplicate items can cause players to accidentally buy items they basically already have. It gets confusing and I would personally rather just not have the near duplicate option at all and have less sale items in order to eliminate that potential error, or simply rerelease the original item instead of newly releasing a near duplicate item. (I also find U- items confusing for this reason and I don't know why it's important to distinguish U- items from the original item if they're essentially the same on display, but that's another story haha) But at the end of the day, it's our choice whether to buy the items so I guess I can't complain. Just some feedback that I hope can be helpful!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    Yes, as noted in the infopost these items are recolors of items already in BS. From what I can tell, the Gravestone items ported over from RS are a sort of blue-ish grey in color whereas the ones previously released in BS are more of a silver grey in color.

No idea why they chose to port these items over from RS instead of any of the other Halloween themed table sets that we don't already have in BS, lol. I guess if I'm feeling generous I could say that since the original BS items have been removed from the Market this gives newer players a chance at having similar items?
    Far too generous you are anniras, the s8 folks just didn't coordinate their sale release with more care and attention towards customers' needs, just duplicates after duplicates here in BS and hoping for more profit considering all of these cost GEMS..

You're so speedy, thank you!

I wish Bakery Story would do less of these duplicate or near duplicate items (like Living Dead/Grave Idea too). At least for me, I wouldn't want to spend gems or coins on two items that are basically the same and clog my inventory. But with the way these items are incrementally re-/released, we are not able to make informed decisions about which items we actually prefer, so I usually just buy the first version of an item (if affordable) and seeing a second near duplicate version is usually a let down because I'm anticipating a new item and/or I feel like I overspent on some version of an item.

Also, near duplicate items can cause players to accidentally buy items they basically already have. It gets confusing and I would personally rather just not have the near duplicate option at all and have less sale items in order to eliminate that potential error, or simply rerelease the original item instead of newly releasing a near duplicate item. (I also find U- items confusing for this reason and I don't know why it's important to distinguish U- items from the original item if they're essentially the same on display, but that's another story haha) But at the end of the day, it's our choice whether to buy the items so I guess I can't complain. Just some feedback that I hope can be helpful!
    This is the concern we all have and S8 needs to see this, there's a reason I've been suggesting tons of new ideas on what to include in SALES thread, including the ideas of what to port over from Restaurant Story as well. If they truly want profit, they need to do EVEN better on the goal/sale planning - which is paramount to keeping the game refreshing and players intrigued.

Rhino Keeper

Name:	IMG_3907.jpeg 
Views:	457 
Size:	155.6 KB 
ID:	71414

Name:	IMG_3905.jpg 
Views:	456 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	71415

Name:	IMG_3903.jpg 
Views:	470 
Size:	135.4 KB 
ID:	71416

I think some of us are just curious about the reasoning behind it and have some suggestions for easy improvements. Overall, I enjoy the sales and they’re fun to look forward to every week even when I don’t buy anything. I don’t play RS so I always love hearing Annira’s insight about these crossovers and what other people think. Thank you ptest for the visual comparison (:

Host(ess)
    Also, near duplicate items can cause players to accidentally buy items they basically already have. It gets confusing?
    Pretty sure this is exactly why they do it.
    *Stay Strange Darklings!!*