Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: Sneak Peek, Musings and Speculation about upcoming new story content

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by GiselleX16 View Post
    None of these characters are familiar. But I have a sudden urge for hot cocoa!

Attachment 73033
    That character on the right is bringing the Robot themed event to mind, which traumatized/exhausted me So Much I quit playing for mmm at least 4 months. Brrrr. I bought a Value Pack because I didn't want to be tied to the game to finish, and ended up *having* to almost obsessively play because my drops were so poor/odd. So instead of getting my chores done & walking the dogs more that period of beautiful weather I slaved over the game. It had multiple timers, one was 1.5 hours if I remember correctly, so odd when others were I think 2 hours and then collecting from a mine or farmhouse or whatever. I remember feeling like I had to log in near constantly (it takes 20-30 mins at a time to run through all 4 accounts I play).
    Plz add: SofiaDeo, pinkpresence (Pinks Place), impyLou (Queen Impylou), aaerie (Aaerie)
    Plz ask all 4 or none, thx

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by SofiaDeo View Post
    That character on the right is bringing the Robot themed event to mind, which traumatized/exhausted me So Much I quit playing for mmm at least 4 months. Brrrr. I bought a Value Pack because I didn't want to be tied to the game to finish, and ended up *having* to almost obsessively play because my drops were so poor/odd. So instead of getting my chores done & walking the dogs more that period of beautiful weather I slaved over the game. It had multiple timers, one was 1.5 hours if I remember correctly, so odd when others were I think 2 hours and then collecting from a mine or farmhouse or whatever. I remember feeling like I had to log in near constantly (it takes 20-30 mins at a time to run through all 4 accounts I play).
    Managing multiple accounts is exhausting. And it takes me longer than 20-30 minutes per account. I've had to become selective in which ones I am focusing on at a time.

I don't remember this robot event. It must have been a long time ago.

I'm intrigued by the characters in this splash screen for sure. Looks like we might get some feast droppers!
    Disagreements are a normal part of the human experience and can be handled respectfully. Don't think I don't see.

Farm Supplier

600 gems!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LemracCafe View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the cost is as much as 800 gems, as it's been a few times now. The drops had better be worth it if that's the case. (But I do like the look of the horse)
    How on earth do they expect anyone to have 600 gems available for a new storyline with the gem traps???!!!

I had around 55 saved up recently but lost more than 30 while collecting resources from one of my daily items, accidental hit as usual!

I wish they'd add a confirmation then I might be able to buy a sale item.

It's so frustrating

Nightclub Owner
    @SpiritWind, I really couldn't figure out where to post this since it's about CS but not to a specific goal or event.

I think it's best classified as a theory/speculation about a possible game play tip, I figured the speculation thread would work?

If there's a better place for this post, I'm sorry I missed it and I totally get having it moved - sorry for any extra work I cause!

I've been suffering so many rollbacks lately but I've found that if I don't use the "quick collect" method the amount of rollbacks is basically ZERO.

*Mind. Blown!*

Seriously, since I stopped doing it last Wednesday I haven't had a single rollback. I'm in shock!

Granted, this might be specific to my game/internet/device but on the off-chance that it might help even one player, I figured I should share my findings for others to try out.

For those interested, there's a long winded explanation of how I figured this out behind the spoiler tag:
    Spoiler: show
    Being a very long time player, I've built up my realm to the point where (even with a 'clean' board) I have a LOT of stuff out. While energy isn't an issue for me, I don't have a ton of free time at work. Collecting from chosen items can take ages so I pretty much used QC constantly in those times when I can check in just to get as much done as possible, as fast as possible.

Over the last week, though, I've been off work and since there's no rush I've not been using QC. At the start of this current event I noticed that my rollbacks seemed to happen most frequently after I'd use QC.

For example, I'd tap all my expansion items, QC to collect all the drops before moving on to tap a few items without doing QC. Sure enough, I'd only ever get a few taps in after a QC before a roll back would hit.

Not sure if I was seeing something where there was nothing, I decided to test it out. If I chop 5 Coffee Grinders (100 hits) and wait out each hit, no rollbacks but if I chop TWO Coffee Grinder (40 hits) and used the QC then I'd get a rollback a few moves later. The rollbacks didn't show after every single QC but honestly, one would show up 4 out of 5 times I used QC.

At this point it occurred to me that this might explain why I'm plagued by rollbacks constantly when using the timed free energy. Because I want to get as much bang for my buck, I chop a bunch of items then use QC which triggers the rollbacks.

Rollbacks were so bad during free energy sessions that I've stopped using them. I've got a dozen of them waiting in my goal book but refuse to use them because I didn't want to deal with the nonstop rollbacks.

With my new hypothesis in mind I decided to participate in the WW at the start of the Coffee Grind event. I made sure I didn't QC intentionally (I do it accidentally on the rare times I drag instead of tap, lol)and I didn't get a single rollback which was what really made me believe QCs and rollbacks are linked.

It makes a sort of sense, if you think about it. Rollbacks are basically the servers not saving our progress properly so forcing the game to register a hundred taps in a single moment seems like a great way to cause these hiccups.

I've practically been conditioned by my impatience to use QC for darn near everything in my game. It's made it difficult to stop completely but I hope after a few weeks the low and slow method will become my new normal.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    @SpiritWind, I really couldn't figure out where to post this since it's about CS but not to a specific goal or event.

I think it's best classified as a theory/speculation about a possible game play tip, I figured the speculation thread would work?

If there's a better place for this post, I'm sorry I missed it and I totally get having it moved - sorry for any extra work I cause!

I've been suffering so many rollbacks lately but I've found that if I don't use the "quick collect" method the amount of rollbacks is basically ZERO.

*Mind. Blown!*

Seriously, since I stopped doing it last Wednesday I haven't had a single rollback. I'm in shock!

Granted, this might be specific to my game/internet/device but on the off-chance that it might help even one player, I figured I should share my findings for others to try out.

For those interested, there's a long winded explanation of how I figured this out behind the spoiler tag:
    Spoiler: show
    Being a very long time player, I've built up my realm to the point where (even with a 'clean' board) I have a LOT of stuff out. While energy isn't an issue for me, I don't have a ton of free time at work. Collecting from chosen items can take ages so I pretty much used QC constantly in those times when I can check in just to get as much done as possible, as fast as possible.

Over the last week, though, I've been off work and since there's no rush I've not been using QC. At the start of this current event I noticed that my rollbacks seemed to happen most frequently after I'd use QC.

For example, I'd tap all my expansion items, QC to collect all the drops before moving on to tap a few items without doing QC. Sure enough, I'd only ever get a few taps in after a QC before a roll back would hit.

Not sure if I was seeing something where there was nothing, I decided to test it out. If I chop 5 Coffee Grinders (100 hits) and wait out each hit, no rollbacks but if I chop TWO Coffee Grinder (40 hits) and used the QC then I'd get a rollback a few moves later. The rollbacks didn't show after every single QC but honestly, one would show up 4 out of 5 times I used QC.

At this point it occurred to me that this might explain why I'm plagued by rollbacks constantly when using the timed free energy. Because I want to get as much bang for my buck, I chop a bunch of items then use QC which triggers the rollbacks.

Rollbacks were so bad during free energy sessions that I've stopped using them. I've got a dozen of them waiting in my goal book but refuse to use them because I didn't want to deal with the nonstop rollbacks.

With my new hypothesis in mind I decided to participate in the WW at the start of the Coffee Grind event. I made sure I didn't QC intentionally (I do it accidentally on the rare times I drag instead of tap, lol)and I didn't get a single rollback which was what really made me believe QCs and rollbacks are linked.

It makes a sort of sense, if you think about it. Rollbacks are basically the servers not saving our progress properly so forcing the game to register a hundred taps in a single moment seems like a great way to cause these hiccups.

I've practically been conditioned by my impatience to use QC for darn near everything in my game. It's made it difficult to stop completely but I hope after a few weeks the low and slow method will become my new normal.

I think I agree with you.
    I rarely, if ever, have a rollback.
    But I do play slow.
    If I'm going so fast that I can't see what my drops are, I'm not enjoying the game.
    But that's me.
    A thing of beauty is a joy forever

Fashion Designer
    I don't know what Quick Collect is.
    Disagreements are a normal part of the human experience and can be handled respectfully. Don't think I don't see.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by SummerSwan51 View Post
    I don't know what Quick Collect is.
    When a player taps a bunch of different items but instead of waiting to let each tap happen in its own time, a player partially interrupts the process which causes all of the taps to go through immediately.

There are a million different ways players can achieve this (depending on device), the most popular being to tug at the edge of the screen to either pull down the Notification Screen, Control Panel or partially minimize the app.

An example would be if I place a bunch of rocks to chop and tap 100 times, instead of watching the avatar perform each tap I pull at the edge of my screen and all of the chops happen immediately.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnirasSweets View Post
    When a player taps a bunch of different items but instead of waiting to let each tap happen in its own time, a player partially interrupts the process which causes all of the taps to go through immediately.

There are a million different ways players can achieve this (depending on device), the most popular being to tug at the edge of the screen to either pull down the Notification Screen, Control Panel or partially minimize the app.

An example would be if I place a bunch of rocks to chop and tap 100 times, instead of watching the avatar perform each tap I pull at the edge of my screen and all of the chops happen immediately.
    Thank you for explaining. I've heard of this before, but never utilized it. I still have tons of rollbacks. In fact, I just had two rollbacks when purchasing items. I bought a couple Wedding Alicorns, and both times they appeared on my board, then disappeared a few seconds later. Fortunately my gems were also replaced, and I was able to repurchase the items and place them, and they stayed.

Executive Chef
    This looks like an intriguing group! I’d say the guy on the left is Thor carrying Mjollnir, but everyone is dressed wrong. Nevertheless it certainly looks like a fun storyline! I was idly trying to stay in the top three on the current RM but now will stop and save my energy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2642.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	111.4 KB 
ID:	73216

Quote Originally Posted by SummerSwan51 View Post
    Thank you for explaining. I've heard of this before, but never utilized it. I still have tons of rollbacks. In fact, I just had two rollbacks when purchasing items. I bought a couple Wedding Alicorns, and both times they appeared on my board, then disappeared a few seconds later. Fortunately my gems were also replaced, and I was able to repurchase the items and place them, and they stayed.
    This trick is useful at times, but if you over use it, especially when unlimited energy is running, you’re likely to run into a situation where the game would suddenly lose connections to the server and you’d have to endure a long wait while the game attempts to sync with the server. However, when the game “completes” the sync and comes back on, you’ll find that the game would have done a weird rollback where some of the things you did would become partially undone.

For example, you go on a rampage and chop 10 Cursed Reefs before doing the speed up. You’ll see the game completing all the chopping in an instant and all the items start dropping in streams, but there is a strong likelihood that within the next 10 seconds, you’ll see the game drop its connection and then start to reload in an attempt to sync. Once yor kingdom/queendom comes up again, you’ll find that some of the cleared Cursed Reefs would have reappeared, but that they would all be partially choppedvv