Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please post your opinion about earning (not buying) gems, thank you!!!

Unregistered

Please post your opinion about earning (not buying) gems, thank you!!!

Dear farmers,
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who is upset about no way to earn gems in this game.
    Please support me in asking the developers to allow us earn gems one way or another. To only have an option to buy them is, in my opinion, very stingy. I'm not saying developer should not seek the profit but it would be so much better if we have the ability to also earn them. It should not be easy (say, 10,000 coins would earn you 1 gem) but we should have the option.
    Thank you for your time and effort.

ilikecookiez13

*sigh*

I don't know how many times I commented on things like these.

Here is 1 out of 3 since alot of threads have been removed.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikcookiez13 View Post
    Don't think such an idea will be used in this game ever.
    The developers try to earn some cash.
    And gems shouldn't be so easy to obtain.
    Just like any other game.
    But there could be promotion which you can get gems for if you download the app promoted.

GoddessOverlord

Need to be able to Earn Gems

I sometimes buy Honor Points in the Storm 8 games but like that I also get them in promotions. I refuse to spend money on a game that holds something out to where I MUST spend money. Team Lava won't get any of my money at all unless there is some mechanism for me to obtain gems, spending $$ or promotions. I like to try things before buying......and most of the apps I've purchased started as a freebie.

Farmer Grud

They will be giving away gems in time...

Before things get too heated in this thread I thought I would share a quote from Supercow, a Lavasoft Employee, that was left in one of the MANY other threads (CLICK HERE) on this subject...

Quote Originally Posted by supercow View Post
    Thank you for your feedback. Eventually we will have some promotions that will allow people to acquire a few Gems without spending money. When we start doing some of these, people will not know if you spent money or earned it through promotions.
    I hope this will end, or at the very least deminish all the crying over this topic.

stizz
    My cheif complaint is that there are items that can only be purchased with gems. Don't strong arm me to make a buck TeamLava. Make it so all items have a gem AND coin prices and then I frankly don't care if you can earn gems in game or through promotions or not at all.

aehm_allways_drunk
    that would be a nice feature erning gems instead of buying them

Gunregistard

Can't believe anyone WOULD buy the gems ...

The game (like the S8s, but even moreso) is in extreme beta mode, so why would someone spend the money on gems (I'd argue ever) but especially right now? I mean, you can't even delete comments or cancel neighbors, for one.

trenae

Support and Because they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by ***registard View Post
    The game (like the S8s, but even moreso) is in extreme beta mode, so why would someone spend the money on gems (I'd argue ever) but especially right now? I mean, you can't even delete comments or cancel neighbors, for one.

Storm8 games are not in "extreme beta mode" and yes this game is a work in progress but for things you want (those aren't going to change).

Some people buy points to show support to the Developers/Companies to show they like a product and other reasons.

I bought points - I wanted to see my crop art all done at once and didn't want to wait 8 hours to see it. I'd buy more too just to see my crops all done at once because it's pretty and fun.

____

But NO you should not earn Gems and as Grud posted what Norman posted - there will be opportunities to receive gems in the future.

Vicki

Thumbs down Seriously?!? Forced to purchase gems?

It's obscene that there is no mechanism for obtaining gems other than purchasing!

trenae

Please read entire thread before posting - was already addressed!

Quote Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
    It's obscene that there is no mechanism for obtaining gems other than purchasing!
    Please read again!

Quote Originally Posted by supercow View Post
    Thank you for your feedback. Eventually we will have some promotions that will allow people to acquire a few Gems without spending money . When we start doing some of these, people will not know if you spent money or earned it through promotions.
    They have not yet done any promotions but there will be as was already posted to the very topic in another thread.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast