Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hacked? and/or random other players are able to log to my account and play my farm?

New Resident

Hacked? and/or random other players are able to log to my account and play my farm?

It seems that someone else has hacked my game. All my coins and gems have been spent, my trees and animals have been sold, and the whole property has been rearranged.

Is there anything that can be done to stop or prevent this?

The problem game is Farm Story, and the problems started the same day I started playing Vampires Live and established a Strom8 account.

Device is a Galaxy Tab with Froyo 2.2

Please help

thx

Rhino Keeper
    With the faeries at the bottom of the garden ღ
    WOW! Who would've thought their farm would be hacked! That must be terribly unnerving.

Has it definitely been hacked or is it possible a friend or family member has used your device? If it is a hack then I would encourage you to let TL know by emailing support@teamlava.com

Being a weekend now you may not get a reply for a few days ...
    Okay, I admit it ... I sometimes fake my LOLz

Rhino Keeper
    TL games identify you by the UDID of you device. This works good on the iPhone/iPad/iPod, but I think I've read something here on the board that on Android devices this identification does not work reliably. Without this identification you are not able to access your farm and therefore you might wind up on another farm... or someone else wound up on your farm and wrecked havok.

New Resident
    I first did some searching over at Storm8, as my problem seem to have started when I established a Storm8 ID/password. While reading the threads, there seems to be an issue where folks randomly get other peoples farms and can manipulate them at will.

If I were to guess, I'd say the same has happened to me. Not so much a hack, but now my name is in the mix and folks with the issues are now able to play my Farm, spend my coins and gems, and sell my trees and animals, and do whatever they please.

So not so much a hack as a serious flaw / bug with how the storm8 ID system works.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by airfoil View Post
    I first did some searching over at Storm8, as my problem seem to have started when I established a Storm8 ID/password. While reading the threads, there seems to be an issue where folks randomly get other peoples farms and can manipulate them at will.

If I were to guess, I'd say the same has happened to me. Not so much a hack, but now my name is in the mix and folks with the issues are now able to play my Farm, spend my coins and gems, and sell my trees and animals, and do whatever they please.

So not so much a hack as a serious flaw / bug with how the storm8 ID system works.

Yes there are a few threads on this topic over at Storm8's forum. It's not really so much having to do with the Storm8 ID system, as much as the way 2.2 OS works. Unfortunately there were some flaws that some ran into when using a device with that OS.

One of the options given on the Storm8 forum, by some members that found it helped was to go back to using 2.1. Unfortunately not everyone can or will want to do that.

If you haven't already done so, you may want to email TeamLava Support (support@teamlava.com) for assistance.

Executive Chef
    The above all pretty much tell the tale; there seem to be a few Froyo devices that lose their ability for our servers to tie their account to their device. In the interim, I would suggest emailing TeamLava Support (support@teamlava.com), getting your account transferred, then uninstalling/reinstalling all of your TeamLava apps. This seems to fix the problem for many users.

New Resident
    Went to play today and it seems my entire account has been deleted. Nice fix I suppose..

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by airfoil View Post
    Went to play today and it seems my entire account has been deleted. Nice fix I suppose..
    If you are not able to access your account you can email TeamLava Support (support@teamlava.com) for assistance.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by GroupMagma View Post
    The above all pretty much tell the tale; there seem to be a few Froyo devices that lose their ability for our servers to tie their account to their device. In the interim, I would suggest emailing TeamLava Support (support@teamlava.com), getting your account transferred, then uninstalling/reinstalling all of your TeamLava apps. This seems to fix the problem for many users.
    I got the exact problem that someone accessed my Bakery and spent my gems! I've been emailing TeamLava support and got a ticket #58636.
    You mention getting the account transerred and uninstall/reinstall the app would help -- account to be transferred to where? i'd like to try that as now I don't dare to purchase anything using credit card since that uninvited person can easily spend my money away.

Thanks.

Executive Chef
    Can you verify if the Storm8 ID is different now than it was before? There shouldn't be someone accessing your account; since the account is tied to your device, someone would have to transfer the account off your device, change things, then transfer it back onto your device for you to be seeing the same account. It is more likely that this is an issue with Froyo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast