Thread: Castle Story: upgrade buildings to Level 10: The Onyx Mine

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Moderator (volunteer) SpiritWind00's Avatar

Castle Story: upgrade buildings to Level 10: The Onyx Mine

Update Information - added to the Main Goal Guide under "Upgrading building" post
    Notes:
    * You must have a Level 9 building to trigger the goals which then gives you the ability to craft onyx beams and blocks which are used to upgrade buildings to Level 10+
    * Be Level 40 (most likely)
    * Onyx ore will drop from multiple places and adventures.
    * The sparkling mine and deep mine will start dropping onyx ore when they are at Level 10+
    * The Onyx Mine has a guaranteed drop of either 2 or 4 onyx ore and has a 2 hour collection timer. Gem purchase only building. The purchase of the Onyx Mine is completely optional.

! What building should I upgrade to clear the goal Ore-ing To New Heights? !
    A: Take these points into consideration when deciding what to upgrade first:
    * You can choose any of the buildings listed in post 6 below, but if you upgrade the Sparkling Mine or Deep Mine, you will start getting drops of onyx ore from there too which will help speed things up given you're collecting from the mines all the time anyway.
    * Look through the list at what is 'cheapest' for you or what you can afford with the coin upgrade cost.
    * An upgrade of 3 onyx beams and blocks may be easier to do first but make it a building that you might collect from regularly so you see benefit straight away.
    * If additional royal points are your motivation, look at what resources you already have in that list or what resources can be replaced easily or built back up over time.

Ruler: Phew, we sure need a lot of these Onyx Ores!
    Ivy: We sure do! You know, I think I know a place we can find even more!
    Ruler: Really?
    Ivy: Really! Follow me!

Ivy: This cave might look creepy, but it's full of Onyx Ore! Let's go inside...
    Mine Your Own Business
    * Purchase an Onyx Mine 0/1 GO | market, 300 gems | the Onyx Mine drop Onyx Ore
    Rewards: none
    Congratulations: Ivy: See! Look at all this Onyx Ore!

Ruler: Hmm...
    Ivy: Something on your mind?
    Ruler: Well, the realm is coming along nicely... but it's been a while since we've freshened things up!
    Ivy: True! Did you have something in mind?
    Ruler: I think I do, actually.

Ivy: I think sprucing up the realm's buildings is a great idea! We just need a few suppliers.
    Ore-ing To New Heights
    * Find onyx ore 0/20 GO (skip 10 gems)
    * Make an onyx beam or block 0/1 GO (skip 160 gems)
    * Upgrade a building to Level 10 0/1 GO (skip 320 gems) | I've included some notes above to help you decide which building to upgrade! SW
    Rewards: none
    Congratulations: Ivy: Wow, better than ever!

Inventory Information - added to the Building and Inventory Guides

Onyx Mine | 2x2
    Info: This dark cavern can be mined for Onyx Ore.
    From Upgrade to Level 10 thread
    Found: market, 300 gems | must have a Level 9 building to trigger this upgrade
    Drops: onyx ore (2,4)
    Collection time: 2 hours
    Information about this item can be found in the Building Guide

Onyx beam
    Info: Used for constructing Buildings, and is earned from Crafting.
    Crafted: Workshop and Tinker Camp, 5 hours - 2 spellbound beam, 20 onyx ore
    Uses: upgrade buildings to Level 10+ | Upgrade to Level 10 thread

Onyx block
    Info: Used for constructing Buildings, and is earned from Crafting.
    Crafted: Workshop and Tinker Camp, 5 hours - 2 spellbound block, 20 onyx ore
    Uses: upgrade buildings to Level 10+ | Upgrade to Level 10 thread

Plus: (added)
    add to uses for spellbound blocks and beams uses: item in Onyx beam craft (Workshop and Tinker Camp, 2), item in Onyx block craft (Workshop and Tinker Camp, 2)
    Last edited by SpiritWind00; 01-30-23 at 08:47 PM.